What is MINOXIDIL SINGAPORE?
Minoxidil 5% is a common hair loss medication in Singapore for men and women. Hair loss patients should use minoxidil 5% topical solutions to grow hair and stop balding. It works best for young people under 40 with recent hair loss and thinning. Minoxidil can reduce hair loss and recover hair in the early stages. Vasodilator minoxidil was first marketed as an oral high blood pressure medicine. The unexpected side effect was hair growth. Thus, minoxidil was created as an oral and topical hair loss treatment.
Regaine is scientifically proven to cure and treat hair loss. It opens inactive hair follicles and promotes active hair growth. In Singapore, Regaine for hair loss is only accessible through prescription. The medications are only available from certain pharmacies or dermatologist/GP clinics with a prescription. You can also buy it from Minoxidil-licence internet pharmacies. Minoxidil and finasteride are popular hair loss treatments.
Features of Medication
- Pattern baldness conditions
- Suitable for men and women
- Available as Shampoo and foam
- Mildest 2% solution to high-strength 10% and 15% Minoxidil extra strength
Specifications Of Medication
- Minoxidil 5% available as Regaine 73 ml solution
- Minoxidil 2% available as Regaine 60 ml solution
How should I use this medicine?
- Apply minoxidil when hair and scalp are clean and dry.
- This may be applied to hair without regard to shampooing. However, if you do wash your hair, a hair dryer with cool setting may be used to dry your hair after you have washed it.
- Massage 1ml of the product lightly into the affected area of the scalp twice a day (morning and night), or as directed by your doctor.
- It is important that the recommended dosage is followed. Using an increased dose would increase the risk of side effects but not improve hair growth.
- Immediately after using this medicine, wash your hands to remove any medicine that may be on them.
- Allow 2 to 4 hours for the drug to penetrate the scalp for maximum effectiveness. Avoid any activities that may dilute or wash away the drug (i.e. bathing, swimming) during this period.
- Do not use a hair-dryer to dry the scalp after you apply. Blowing with a hairdryer on the scalp may make the treatment less effective.
- Allow minoxidil to dry completely before using other styling products (e.g., gels, mousse) or before going to bed.
- Minoxidil can stain clothing or bed linen if your hair or scalp is not fully dry after using the medicine.
Side Effects of this Medication
- Redness, itching, dryness, or flaking of the scalp are all signs of Skin Irritation. Some people may have an allergic reaction, manifesting as a rash, itching, or swelling.
- Change in Hair Some people may find that their hair is different in either texture or color.
- Some people have reported increased hair growth in the areas around their scalps after using Minoxidil, including the forehead and the face.
Active ingredients – Minoxidil 5%
Inactive ingredients – foam base of alcohol, water, glycerol, cetyl alcohol, citric acid, lactic acid, stearyl alcohol, polysorbate 60, butyl hydroxytoluene, and propellant.
Warnings and Cautions
- For external use only.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- To be used only once on a daily basis.
- Your hair loss is sudden and unexplained.
- If you are male as it is a female-only product
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding for the safety of the fetus/infant
- If you are under 18 or over 65 years of age
- You suffer scalp irritation, inflammation, or severe itching after using the medication.
- You are on blood pressure medications.
- You have a shaved head.
- On conditions of dressing or bandage over the scalp
- You have hypersensitive reactions to the ingredients of Regaine.
Regaine Reviews and Clinical Studies have proved that the medication is highly effective for hair thinning conditions and hereditary hair loss. In one study where women applied Minoxidil every day for thirty-two weeks, 55% of the treatment group reported new hair growth at the end of the study.
But it only yields after a while. Even if you apply the medication daily, it will take at least 2-4 months of consistent use for visible results. In some cases, it may even take upto six months for satisfactory results.
Warning – You may notice more hair falling out in the first few weeks of treatment. This is normal and results from new growing hairs pushing the old shedding hairs for better results. Additionally, you will lose all the hair you regrow if you use irregularly or discontinue use midway, so you must be consistent to obtain the desired hair growth.